Update outdated software programs
It is important to update old software in order to keep the computer system in good working order. Outdated or old files and drivers can really create problematic issues.
Update Outdated Software Programs Using Menu Tools
Some software applications include menu tools that will allow you to update the application directly. One example of this scenario is security software applications. Many of these programs have been designed with a live update feature that will automatically update your software. If you have disabled this feature, then you need to re-enable it so that you have access to automatic updates. To enable the automatic update feature, follow these directions or a similar path to do so:
· To enable automatic updates in your software that features this option, look through the information listed in the Settings or Help section of the software’s menu for it.
· Look for a phrase such as “Check for Updates,” “Automatic Updates,” or “Updates.”
· Make sure that you are able to connect to the Internet.
· Once you have located this feature and have connected to the Internet, simply complete the action needed to set it up, typically a simple placement of a check mark in front of a phrase that indicates automatic updates. Follow the prompts that appear in order to complete the updating process.
Update Outdated Software Programs Using the Manufacturer’s Website
Perhaps the easiest strategy to use when updating outdated software programs is to visit the manufacturer’s website. Follow these steps:
· Identify the manufacturer of the software application that you need to update.
· Visit the website for the manufacturer.
· Search for the specific software application that you wish to update. Look on the home page of the website for a link to available software applications or enter the name of the software in the search bar.
· Once you arrive at the page for the specific software that you need to update, search for a link directing you to the update.
· Check to make sure that you have the correct version of the software application for which you are searching for the update.
· Identify whether or not the update is a later version than the one that you already have installed on the computer. Later versions generally have different creation dates or higher numbers for their identification.
· Download the update for the software following the directions or prompts that accompany it.
· Install the update for your outdated software application once you have completely downloaded it following the prompts or instructions that pop up. If necessary, reboot the computer.
Tips to Use When Updating Outdated Software Programs
· Close all other applications when updating your software program.
· Try to complete the process at an optimal time when the likelihood of an interrupted Internet connection is small.Read the manual that came with the software application for instructions or guidance on updating the software.
Did you know: Millions of people search every day for info on how to open an unknown file extension or how to reset unrecognized file associations. One of the easiest ways to fix these problems and to reset file associations to their default programs is simply to download the latest versions of software on your system. This will effectively reset the problematic file association to be opened by the default and appropriate program.
Not sure if you have outdated software or drivers on your computer?
Here's a download that will scan your entire system in seconds.
Download this Recommended Software Updater Tool
This FastFastPC recommended software (and drivers) update tool helps ensure your PC is performing optimally!
16 Ways to Speed-up your PC
All Rights Reserved Copyright 2009 FastFastPC.comFeatured downloads: system compatibility and uninstall instructions