Detect and remove hidden viruses, trojans
Choose a Reliable Anti-Virus Tool
Quite a number of anti-virus and security applications have been created that will detect and remove viruses and Trojans from your computer automatically. It is important to obtain a reputable anti-virus program to ensure the removal process. Follow these steps:
· Research several anti-virus applications and determine their authenticity.
· Since a number of fake programs exist on the market today, posing as legitimate anti-virus applications but in actuality being rogue spyware applications, it is important for you to verify the authenticity of the application through research. Simply read several reviews on the product on a variety of well-known websites of choose a program developed by a reputable company that is well-known.
Download and Install an Anti-Virus Removal Application
· Once you have determined which anti-virus or security application you would like, download and install the program onto your computer.
· Run the software to remove any hidden viruses or Trojans.
· Reboot the computer so that you can check to see if the removal has been successful.
· Rescan the computer using the anti-virus application to determine whether any files remain from the virus or Trojans that were lurking on your computer.
· If you discover that the application has not removed the Trojan or virus completely, it will be necessary for you to invest in a different solution using the suggestions in the next section.
Use the Tools Provided by Your Security Application
Some security programs provide a number of tools that can be used to assist with the removal of a variety of hard-to-get-rid-of viruses or Trojans that remain hidden on the computer, deeply entrenched in its memory. Visit the website for your security application and look for the additional tools that have been provided for this purpose. Follow the instructions that are given.
Purchase an Additional Anti-Virus Application
In some cases, the purchase of an additional anti-virus application can be an easy fix for removing the hidden viruses or Trojans that exist on your computer. Do your research on the application before purchasing to determine whether or not it has the capability to remove the problem from your machine.
Remove the Virus or Trojan Manually
If all of the above solutions have failed, then it might be necessary for you to remove the infection manually. In many cases, you will be able to discover this information on the website for your security program. If you do not find these directions on that particular website, conduct an online search for the directions you need to manually remove the unwanted virus or Trojan. Simply follow the directions that you are given for manual removal. These directions should inform you that backing up important data is essential. If they do not, take the time to back up your data before attempting manual removal of the infection. Most likely, manual removal will involve editing the registry, which can be a tricky process that might inadvertently make changes to your computer system that you will want to revert back to its original settings.
Is your computer Infected?
This FastFastPC recommended virus scanning tool helps ensure your PC is SAFE and your personal data SECURED!
16 Ways to Speed-up your PC
All Rights Reserved Copyright 2009 FastFastPC.comFeatured downloads: system compatibility and uninstall instructions